This is the second episode of “Ask a Treasurer Live” this is a new concept we brought to the table, very similar in format to the podcast but actually chatting live and interacting with your audience. In today’s episode, we speak with Christian Bauwens, the Treasurer of Flex and has been with the company for 6 years. Flex is a global company with a small team of 28 people with people in the US, Europe, and China.
Christian started his journey to treasury from a finance background and has now been in the treasury industry for over 20 years. His love and interest in finance is what drew him to the industry and continued to grow his skills and understanding as the years have gone by.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Christian came to treasury and what made him choose it
- Advice for someone making the switch from banking to the corporate side
- Some of his career highlights
- The advice he wishes he knew he had when transitioning from banking to treasury
- Forming networking relationship
- Key things he looks for in direct reports when hiring
- His view on education both for his career and when hiring for his team
- His view on the application blockchain technology in treasury
- His thoughts on RPA, machine learning, and automation in the treasury space