Today on the podcast I am speaking with Frank Micallef who is the CFO at Instatech Pivot.
He is the former treasurer and has moved through the ranks to become the CFO.
Frank has both the treasury and CFO perspectives and brings a lot of knowledge with him.
On the Episode:
- I ask Frank what he looks for in his direct reports when he is recruiting for his team.
- Frank talks about culture and finding the person that fits well within the team.
- I ask Frank if when hiring for the treasury department, does he look for other skills.
- Frank talks about the exposures that Instatech Pivot are involved in.
- Frank talks about the active work of the treasury department within the business.
- I ask Frank about his involvement with the treasury team and if he is still active within the team.
- I ask Frank what he believes makes a successful treasurer in the eyes of the CFO.
- Frank talks about how he thinks the role of the treasurer will change over the coming years.
- We talk about the treasury bug and how many who get into treasury do not want to leave the department.
- I ask Frank if he thinks technology will change the way the treasury department works and runs.