In this interesting conversation with Jenny Ceran, we talk about her journey from being a Treasurer in eBay during the period where the business went from a billion dollars turnover to 14 billion dollars turnover, progressing to CFO, and then into board positions. Since the beginning of 2021 she has been a 5-time board member and progressed to the non-executive space. She shares valuable lessons throughout her career that we can all learn from and be inspired by.
In this episode we discuss:
- The story of how Jenny came to work in the field of Treasury.
- Highlights of Jenny’s career.
- Paying it forward to others during her career.
- Her biggest takeaways from her experience.
- Advice for people who want to make the move from Treasurer to CFO.
- Her thoughts around networking.
- Her experience in mentors and her advice for listeners.
- One piece of valuable advice she wants to share.
- Key things she looks for when hiring people.
- How the role of the treasurer has changed with technology.
- She shares the most exciting time she’s had in treasury.