Today on the podcast I am chatting with Michael Rumley.
Michael is the global treasurer at Molson Coors Brewing Company. Michael has been with the company for 18 years and he has been a part of the growth and change in the business.
I enjoyed chatting with Michael and I hope you enjoy it as well.
On the episode:
- I ask Michael how he came to treasury and what made him decide to make a career of it.
- Michael talks about his career and the companies he has worked for.
- I ask Michael what his biggest achievements have been in his career.
- I ask Michael how he went with the switch from banking to corporate treasury.
- Michael talks about the differences between the roles that he has worked within.
- I ask Michael what advice he would give to the younger generation who are starting their careers in treasury.
- I ask Michael what he thinks makes a successful treasurer in the eyes of the CFO.
- Michael talks about what he looks for when he is recruiting for his team.
- I ask Michael if he has had mentors in his career and how they have helped him.
- I ask Michael what advice he would have to people in regards to networking.
- Michael talks about the changes he thinks may happen to the industry with the increase of technology.