Today we are joined by Matthew Fortunak, the Vice President, Treasurer at Owens Corning. The reason why we want to get him today as he had a really broad background working a long time with Delphi. He worked in treasury but also did a broad financial working strategy.
In this episode we discuss:
- How he came to the treasury and what made him choose treasury as a career
- His career highlights
- His preparations for his position now
- Maintaining relationships
- Growing with the company and its culture
- Mentorship in Matthew’s perspective
- Key things he looks for when hiring people
- Skills that are important for Matthew
- When looking to grow in a career, should someone be seeking opportunities in their current role or look externally?
- Determining the company’s culture
- Advice for someone who’s from a more sophisticated treasury org into one that’s further behind
- Advice for someone in the middle of a job search