Today I am chatting with Chad Wekelo who is the founder and the lead within the Actualise Consulting Business.
Chad has had a very successful business and they have recently expanded into Europe.
He has a wealth of knowledge and insights to share.
On the episode:
- I ask Chad what drew him to treasury as a career.
- Chad talks about how he started in risk management and accounting and how this evolved into treasury.
- Chad talks about his business and what made him start the business.
- I ask Chad what his advice would be to those looking into treasury.
- Chad talks about the importance of planning and talking to others about their experiences.
- Chad talks about his treasury implementations and the challenges that they face.
- We talk about Chad and his role within the business and staying active as a consultant.
- I ask Chad what his biggest achievements in his career are.
- I ask Chad about the change from working for a large company to starting his own business.
- I ask what Chad thinks makes a successful treasurer in the eyes of the CFO.
- Chad talks about the key things he looks for when recruiting.
- We talk about travelling within the business and whether projects can be completed remotely.
- I ask Chad about mentors throughout his career and if they are a relevant part of his business.
- Chad gives advice around networking and how to do it properly.
- I ask Chad how he sees the role of the treasurer changing in the coming years.
- Chad talks about technology and the changes that may come with the introduction of more technologies within the industry.