In this episode, Christianne Curran, Assistant Treasurer at Black Hills Corporation, joins me to talk about her treasury career and great advice and tips for newbies in the industry.
Christianne started her career in Treasury as a Senior Financial Analyst in 1999. After which she joined different companies in different industries such as Bell South Corp, Oncor Electric Delivery, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Lamb Weston holding various positions in Treasury and Finance. In 2017, she joined Black Hills Corporation in her current position.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Christianne came to Treasury and why she chose this career.
- Career highlights throughout her journey.
- How Treasury stands out among the different industries she’s been in.
- Christianne’s approach to networking and her advice around the subject.
- The role of mentors in her career.
- The best advice she wants to pass on to listeners.
- What makes a successful treasurer.
- The treasurer’s role alongside technological advancement.