Today on the podcast I had the opportunity to chat with Craig Jeffery who is currently the owner of Strategic Treasurer. The business was set up over 15 years ago and he had gained a wealth of knowledge in the industry and continues to teach businesses about the industry.
On the episode:
- I ask Craig about Strategic Treasurer and how the business works and areas that it covers.
- Craig talks about the different businesses that he works with and the broad variety of businesses.
- We talk about the technology within the industry and the need to keep your technology and projects up to date.
- We talk about efficiency and how technology is helping with gaining efficiency within the industry.
- I ask Craig his thoughts on whether he thinks the introduction of technology into the treasury space will result in the loss of jobs.
- I ask Craig what he thinks makes a successful Treasurer in the eyes of a CFO.
- We talk about the softer skills in business and how important they are in the treasury position.
- I ask Craig about his podcast and what made him start to release podcasts.
- I ask Craig what advice he would give to a person starting their career in Treasury.
- We talk about networking and the approach that Craig takes when it comes to networking.
- Craig talks about community and how networking helps with this.
- I ask Craig what he looks for in a person when he is hiring for his team.