Today on the podcast I had the pleasure of speaking with Frank Melaccio. Frank is the Treasurer at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
It was interesting speaking with Frank and learning about the difficulties within the health and hospital sector.
On the episode:
- I asked Frank how he became to be in the treasury department.
- Frank talks about his career and the transition from banking into treasury.
- We talk about the challenges that Frank faces in his current role and how it differs to previous roles he has been in.
- We talk about the healthcare systems in place and how it affects the treasury department of the businesses.
- Frank talks through technology within the healthcare system and how it shapes the way patients pay and the insurance companies work with it.
- I ask Frank what the biggest achievements in his career have been.
- I ask Frank what advise he would give to those who are starting their careers in the treasury department.
- Frank tells me what he thinks makes a successful treasurer in the eyes of the CFO.
- I ask Frank how he sees technology in the treasury department and how it will affect it in the future.
- I ask Frank what he looks for in a potential employee.
- We talk about diversity within the treasury industry and how it is becoming more positive.
- I ask Frank about mentors throughout his career and if they have helped him.
- We talk about networking and how Frank has used it within his career.