Today on the podcast I had the pleasure of speaking with Garrick Rollason.
Garrick is the CFO of Victorian Power Networks. He comes from a banking background and has a lot of information and insights.
Garrick works very closely with his Treasury team and he talks to us about how a close team working together has been a benefit for the business.
On the Episode:
- I ask Garrick what is looks for when he is hiring for a position within his team.
- He talks about the key skills he is looking for in an employee and how it is important to find someone who also has the softer skills and not just technical.
- I ask Garrick about the debt within the utilities business and how they manage it and their treasurers play a part.
- He talks about the different areas that they invest and where their debts may sit.
- Garrick talks about the importance of Treasury within their organisation.
- We talk about the interaction Garrick has with his Treasury team and how they work closely together.
- I ask Garrick what he thinks makes a successful Treasurer in the eyes of a CFO.
- We talk about technology within the Treasury department and whether it will make a significant change to the way the department works.