In this episode, I am joined by Matthew Brill, Vice President for Treasury at Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield since 2020. He started his career in accounting at KPMG in the year 1995. After which, he moved to General Motors as a manager in a rotational program for 5 years. He then worked for Healthpeak for 12 years where he built his career as Treasurer of the company. Matt shares his own experience, journey, and gives advice for up and coming treasurers in the industry.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Matt came to and why he chose treasury as a career.
- The highlights of his career.
- Sharing his Treasury experience at Healthpeak for 12 years.
- Matt’s thoughts on networking.
- How having mentors can help your career.
- The best advice he wants to pass on to listeners.
- Characteristics he looks for in hiring team members.
- How the role of the treasurer will change along with technological advancement.