Welcome to the Treasury Talent Podcast. Today I am chatting with Michael Braude for another economic update.
Michael gives us the latest update and his thoughts of the changes and challenges we may see arise.
On the episode:
- I ask Michael what the big risks are that he is seeing in the market.
- Michael talks about the US and China trades and how they are working at the moment with each other.
- We talk about the decrease in world growth and the updated growth reports.
- Michael talks about the declining interest rates globally.
- I ask Michael about commodities and whether there has been any significant changes.
- I ask Michael if there are any other things treasurers should look out for in the near future.
- We talk about unemployment and under-employment.
- Michael talks about monetary policy and how it is concerning people.
- We talk about the FX and how Australia is sitting.
- Michael advises about purchasing option protection moving forward.
- We talk about bond yields and Michael advises around the basis points.