Today on the podcast I had the pleasure of chatting with Michael Larkin who currently works at Lend Lease.
Lend Lease is one of the larger construction companies in Australia and is also well known in other areas of the world.
Michael gives us an insight into the business and his career in treasury.
On the episode:
- Michael tells us a little about himself and his career up until now.
- Michael talks us through the changes that have happened during his time at Lend Lease and how he has made the treasury department what it is today.
- We talk about the team structure of the treasury department at Lend Lease and how it has changed.
- Michael talks about the team and how he ensures the structure works for both the business and the people within it.
- I ask Michael what his proudest achievements are from his career within the treasury department.
- I ask Michael about significant moments within his career and the challenges that he has faced.
- Michael talks about the biggest changes that he has seen within treasury in the last 3 -5 years.
- We talk about technology and the changes that it has imposed and how to work with it in the industry.
- I ask Michael what changes he believes may be coming for the industry in the coming years.
- I ask Michael what he thinks makes a successful treasurer in the eyes of the CFO.
- We discuss advice that Michael has for those coming up in the industry and how they can succeed.
- I ask Michael what he looks for when hiring new staff for his team.