Today on the podcast I had the opportunity to speak with Stephen Kaufhold. Stephen is currently the group Treasurer at Allergen.
He has had a great career full of lots of stories that has spanned over 30 years. He has a wealth of knowledge and understanding of the industry and the movements within it.
I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed interviewing Stephen.
On the episode:
- I ask Stephen how he came to the treasury industry and what made him choose treasury.
- I ask Stephen about the different companies he has worked for and how the treasury roles have differed between each of them.
- Stephen talks about each of the companies he has worked for and how the department worked when he started with him and what changes were made.
- We talk about taking the leap and making moves within your career.
- I ask Stephen about his achievements and most memorable moments of his career.
- I ask Stephen what he believes makes a successful treasurer in the eyes of the CFO.
- Stephen talks about how the treasury department works with and coordinates with the other departments in the business.
- I ask Stephen what advice he would give to the younger generation coming up through the treasury department.
- Stephen talks about the importance of taking advantage of opportunities.
- We talk about mentors and sponsors and what they have done for Stephens career.
- I ask Stephen about what changes he thinks will be coming in for the treasury department in the coming years.
- We talk about diversity within the treasury department and the changes that have taken place.