Tony Vu, Treasurer of Miami-Dade County Public Schools joins me on the podcast today to give us some really good insight on education from a university and school’s perspective. Education is one of the sector’s that I feel is often overlooked because its complexity from a treasury perspective is not well understood in the market.
In this episode:
- Why Tony chose treasury as a career.
- The highlights of his career.
- Tony shares some of the interesting things he’s involved in at Florida International Union.
- The contrast of the education and commercial sectors from a treasury perspective.
- Tony’s approach to networking.
- Things he knows now that he wished he had known back then.
- The changes in the treasurer role in the midst of technological advancement.
- What makes a successful treasurer.